Hey Chums! Did you look at this work and think “Flex-it-what?” If you did, you’re not alone! Apparently this is an actual term used in the food world! Now that I know it exists, I suppose I could call myself a Flexitarian, along with some of you I’d guess!
When I make my meal plan for the week, I generally try to plan at least 1 vegetarian dinner, and I find that when I do I feel more healthy! Whether that’s all in my head or not is beside the point, but both Mayo Clinic and Web MD back up my claim. Eating a meatless meal doesn’t have to be boring! Below are my top 10 favorite vegetarian dishes…not necessarily in any particular order. Please share your favorite vegetarian dishes in the comments!!
1. Falafel Pitas: In my pitas I added spinach, olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese..and of course the Tzatziki sauce and Falafel!
3. Quinoa Taco Bake: Don’t let the Quinoa scare you, it makes a fantastic meat substitution in this Mexican dish!
4. Black Bean Mango Tacos: This is technically a tostada recipe, but I always just make them into tacos. Definitely add cilantro and avocado!
5. Quinoa Patties: These are also yummy with a side salad!
6. Crunchy Quinoa Thai Salad: So much quinoa! I guess you can say I’m a fan. My little James also LOVES quinoa! Anyway, I love LOVE this salad. So many vegetables, and it’s packed with flavor! I still haven’t figured out what to serve with this one..but I’m fine eating it by itself.
7. Black Bean Avocado Enchiladas: The enchilada sauce MAKES this dish. Secret ingredient? Cocoa!
8. Chipotle Bean Burritos: A nice upgrade from the traditional bean burrito.
9. Veggie Pizza: Use your favorite pizza crust, sauce, and cheese and load it up with vegetables from your fridge. I like to use spinach, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, and olives.
10. Spinach and Feta Cheese Omelette: Again, add any extra veggies available in the fridge!